Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Grand Cayman Islands






Written By: Annie

Dan and I just spent a week at the Ritz Carlton Resort in warm, sunny, Grand Cayman Islands with the Nuspire crew. We arrived on Monday afternoon and by Monday evening we were on a charter boat to go shark hunting. I caught 4 squirrel fish and Dan hooked 3 sharks. Unfortunately, all 3 sharks got away before Dan could get them in the boat. We even tried luring the sharks with Hint of Lime Tostitos, but to no avail. We'll try again next year.

Tuesday was beach day on Seven Mile beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. The water was the most amazing colors of blue and the sand was a smooth, sleak white...just like in a magazine. Dan and I took many long walks on the beach and watched a few sunsets. We even tried Paddle Boarding...not a very effective form of transporation, especially if you keep falling off the board - Dan :).

Wednesday, Dan and I joined friends and collegues, Stacy and Saylor, on a Jeep ride around the Island. We visited the Botanical Gardens and saw both blue and green iguanas, then we ended up at Rum Point for some lunch and a walk on the Pier. Once again the tropical colors of the plant and wildlife are simply stunning. Dan threatened to take the camerea from me if I didn't stop trying to take pictures of every flower and animal I saw. I just wanted to bring it all home. During the evening hours we met back up with the Nuspire gang and enjoyed a wonderful company dinner full of steak and lobster. Thank you Nuspire!

Thursday was an excursion of a lifetime! Dan and I got to snorkal at the original Sting Ray City where we swam and pet incredible sting rays and Dan had a chance to pet a blind Moray Eel named Jr. (Don't worry, no one was Steve Irwine'd. He was stung by a Bull Ray...different animal). I don't think either of us wanted the day to end.

Dan and I experienced a fabulous trip and still wish that everytime we look out our windows the white stuff on the ground was the white sand of the Caymans and not snow.

No comments: