Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

McMenamins - +1 for Portland

Written By: Dan

I am not a regular anywhere.  Except maybe the Subway by my office.  And even there they think I'm someone else.  The only place they can recognize me is McMenamins.  I'm a local.  Only problem is that my local watering whole is 4,000+ miles away from home. 

Still McManimins (http://www.mcmenamins.com/)%20is a great place.  It is a chain of breweries, bars, and hotels in the Portland areas.  A few thigns that top my "To Do" list is:

1.  Burgers stuffed with stuff.  No Joke.  I've had a burger stuffed with tater tots and cheese, nacho substance, and other great things.
2.  A Terminator Milkshake.  The Terminoator is a Guiness like beer.  Inside of a Milkshave it is heavenly.  I've tried it with Guiness at home.  Give it a go.  You won't be dissappointed.  People should put beer in milkshakes.  It's a known fact.

Drew and I have been keeping a talley of things we like about Portland, and things we don't.   So far the score is 1,574,847 to 1.  But it is a good one: McMenamins.  Drew and I might get matching Tatoos.  Drew is going to get Mc on his arm, I am going to get Menamins on mine.  It took us longer to fight about which side we were to get than to decide to actually get the tat.

No comments: