Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Betting the Ponies

Written By: Dan

Pictures: Click Here

We are back in Barrington a week after Annie's marathon.  This time the event is the Arlington Racetrack.  We're betting the Ponies!  I've done this one other time (my bachelor party).  This was Annie's first time.  We did the track right, 1920's style.  Dressed nice with big hats.   We forgot to mention to Annie that everyone doesn't dress like that.... As a matter of fact there is no dress code for some parts of the track.  She quickly learned.  The weather was great, the races were exciting.  We even made a few bucks.  Not as much as we would have thought, but we weren't betting big either.  At one point the lady at the counter told me that if I could predect the right order, and made a bet as such, I could win thousands.  I did that twice. I won about $30.......  After a few beers I found that lady ...... this time she stressed "you COULD win thousands."  Go figure.

We'll I didn't leave a wealthy man, but we had a rich time.  Betting the ponies is a great time.

No comments: