Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Colorado January 21st - 24th


Written by: Annie Hoban

Have I mentioned that I have an amazing husband?

For Christmas Dan cashed in all of his sky miles and purchased a plane ticket for me to go to Boulder, CO to visit my best friend Emily. He has been away for three weeks in South America, so it's only fair that I have my own little get-away. My two best friends are so sneaky and planned the whole thing without ever giving it away any clues.

Emily, her beau Aaron and I had the most amazing trip. The weather in Boulder is phenomenal and skiing in Winter Park was even better. I'll admit riding the chairlift to the top of the mountain was a little intimidating, but the view and the ride down was worth every breath taking gasp. There really is nothing like skiing Colorado pow pow.




The sun continued to shine from the ski slopes on Friday to hiking (part way) up the Flat Iron mountains on Saturday. After our hike, we headed into downtown Boulder where we enjoyed a little shopping, a few margaritas, then a little shopping and a few more margarita, along with some beer tasting at the Avery Brewery. Later in the evening we stumbled our way back into a little section of town where we met the rest of Aaron's family for dinner. I think Em and I resorted to drinking only water by this time. I was just meeting Aaron's entire family....first impressions. It ended up being another perfect night on the town.

Sunday morning Em and Aaron and the family arranged for us to have brunch at the St. Julian Hotel. This was the most amazing brunch I have ever seen. Em and I sipped on mamosa's while eating Alaskan king crab legs, savory waffles, and the most delicious scrambled eggs I have ever tasted. I wish the trip never ended, but in the typical Em and Ann fashion, we raced out of the restaurant and to the Denver airport so I could make it to my gate just as the plane was boarding. Only a few more minutes and I may have missed my flight and never come home from Boulder, CO.

No comments: