Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Panama City, the old city

Written By: Dan

We started our day out today with a tour of Costoviejo. From my days of high school spanish, I believe that means "the old Costco."



The city was nice. Older, with a caribean flavor, and a hint of European style. We spent the day walking the city, shopping, and getting lost. Panama is known for thier hand woven baskets. These baskets are woven so tighlty they hold water. The are also quite expensive. A large basket like the ones in the picture sell for $500-$1,000. I tried to see if I could buy a mini one, but even baskets no larger than my fist costs $40. I'll wait until I get to another country and see if I can buy a knock-off.





We ended our tour by visiting the new portion of town (which I called CostcoNuevo). This is where Trump is building a tour to mimic the one in Dubai. This area also has a Venetian and Belagio, so I am guessing this area will be Casio rich soon.



I am back at the hotel now, finishing up work emails. I am hoping to hit the pool area before dinner. The temp is high here, and humidity thick - a lot like Santorini in the summer. They say we are in the begining of summer - however because Panama is surrounded by water, the temperature does not change much. Still, I'll take this over Michigan Januarys any day.

No comments: