Welcome to a few fun snipits of our life. Feel free to look around. We enjoy sharing our expiences with you.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Inca Ruins - and the beach


written by: Dan


3 of us spent the day touring Peru beyond Lima. We rented a taxi (and driver) for the day for $80, and he took us anywhere we wanted to go. Great deal. We started off by going to Inca runs outside of Lima, called the Pachacamac runis. It was great. The ruins were over 1,000 years old. The highlight was the top of a mountain where there was a temple for the Sun gods. Great views. Because the ruins are in the desert they remained mostly intact.


After visiting the ruins, we ate at a local restaraunt. We sampled Peru's national dish. Can't remember the name, but it consisted of raw fish soaked in lemo juice. Believe it or not, it wasn't bad. I wouldn't eat it every day, but I am glad I tried it.


We ended the day at the beach. The beach, named Il Silencio, wasn't the best place I have visited, but I'm still glad I did it. The day was overcast, the water cold, and the beach vendors abundant, so I didn't get the ideal expirence. Still it was a good way to end the day.


After all was said and done, we were tired and craving american food. We got a pizza down the street and headed back the room early. Tomorrow is a quick business meeting and then on to Chili.

No comments: